A CAREER WITH THE INDUSTRIAL CONTROLS COMPANY, INC.
We’re a place where quality always comes first. We’re a stable, rapidly expanding business with the kind of opportunities only growth can create.
As an ICC associate, you’ll get the chance to roll up your sleeves and put your skills to work using state-of-the-art tools in a mature environment of trust, professionalism and open-mindedness.
We’re a team with a learning culture that grows as a team with every problem we tackle. You’ll work alongside experts in all areas of our operation — manufacturing, engineering and production. You’ll work in a stimulating environment where we face fresh challenges every day — and timelines to keep your adrenaline pumping.
Our associates know that ICC is a place to make a career. Most have over 10 years of tenure, several more than 20 years with us.
Family comes first and hours are flexible. Just get your work done and achieve the results we ask for.
Senior Industrial Controls Engineer
As a fast growing, fast moving, made-to-order electrical assembly plant, located in Sussex, WI, we are looking for a Senior Industrial Controls Engineer.
The successful candidate will possess the following traits:
• Two or four year engineering degree.
• Five+ years’ experience as a control system designer across multiple industries.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, autonomous and a team player with a desire to build high quality systems.
• Personable, social, communication and relationship skills to allow interaction with customers to determine their needs and to build a long term win-win relationship.
• Analytical skills to determine operational requirements, design criteria and limits, cost/benefit analysis and component selection for the customer’s application.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and deal with customer’s requests and changes in a professional manner is required. Understanding and communicating the cost impact of these changes is critical.
• Experience in water/wastewater treatment, hazardous location/ATEX controls or machine safety a plus.
• Technical skills to design robust, UL/CSA compliant and safe systems.
Skill set includes, but not limited to:
a. A working knowledge of the NEC, UL, CSA and all applicable regulations along with best practices experience. Also, a thorough knowledge of our in-house engineering and manufacturing guidelines is to be quickly developed.
b. Ability to create and document a functional specification to the customer’s requirements.
c. AutoCAD Electrical skills to create a control panel cutout, layout and wiring diagrams. Strong spacial awareness and panel layout best practice skills are a must.
d. Allen Bradley/Horner/GE/Siemens (and other brands) PLC, interface and data acquisition programming
e. Motion control, PC and database programming ability a plus.
f. Hands on panel building and field startup experience is preferred.
g. Strong testing and troubleshooting skills are important.
We are a financially stable operation with a solid team, a clean environment and a great family-friendly culture. Approximately 10% travel is required with most being local.
Quality Assurance Technician
As a fast growing, fast moving, made-to-order electrical assembly plant, located in Sussex, WI, we are looking for a quality control technician with 5+ years electrical testing and troubleshooting experience.
This person, while reporting to the QA Manager, will be an integral part of the quality team and will be working to deliver a top-quality product along with improving the internal quality systems.
The successful candidate will possess the following traits:
A working knowledge of electrical safety from DC voltages up to 480VAC 3-phase.
The ability to read electrical schematics
A hands-on, methodical approach to troubleshooting
The ability to repair or replace electrical components
The ability to wire control panels
The ability to move back and forth between multiple jobs
Ability to work with assembly technicians to correct issues and improve overall quality
Experience with Microsoft Office and a higher level of computer knowledge in general
Good writing and communicating skills
We are a financially stable operation with a solid team, a clean environment and a great family-friendly culture. Compensation will be appropriate for the experience level of the candidate.
Wire Harness Designer
Do you like taking things apart and putting them back together? Do you like to work in the shop as well as on the computer? Are you motivated, self-directed and have the ability to manage projects to a successful completion? If you’ve answered yes to these questions, read on…
Wire Harness Designer is a new position created to both increase productivity in our control panel manufacturing business and to create an additional revenue stream. This is a hands-on position where the right individual will have experience designing, documenting, manufacturing and testing harnesses based either on customers information or by working backwards from a completed control panel. Additional tasks include creating the boards and test fixtures and procuring the right equipment to perform the work most efficiently.
• Working with engineers on collaborative projects
• Creating manufacturing processes, assembly manuals, electrical diagrams, work instructions and test plans using the appropriate software including Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD.
• Working in our manufacturing software to update quotes, BOM’s and production information
• Installing various connectors, wires, terminals, cables, relays, fuses, etc.
• Assembling and testing wire harnesses, equipment, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools
• Minimum 2-year tech degree and 5 years experience
• Experience assembling electrical components in a professional setting
• Hands-on ability – you will work mainly in the shop and sometimes at the computer. We are looking for candidates who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty.
• A team player that will do what it takes to get the job done correctly and most efficiently
• General soldering experience
• Terminal crimping, either manual or with a machine, for a variety of contact types
We are a financially stable operation with a solid team, a clean and safe environment and a great family-friendly culture. If you’re looking for a permanent home in a professional environment, with the hardest working people you’ll ever meet, this may be the last job ad you ever read.