A CAREER WITH THE INDUSTRIAL CONTROLS COMPANY, INC.
We’re a place where quality always comes first. We’re a stable, rapidly expanding business with the kind of opportunities only growth can create.
As an ICC associate, you’ll get the chance to roll up your sleeves and put your skills to work using state-of-the-art tools in a mature environment of trust, professionalism and open-mindedness.
We’re a team with a learning culture that grows as a team with every problem we tackle. You’ll work alongside experts in all areas of our operation — manufacturing, engineering and production. You’ll work in a stimulating environment where we face fresh challenges every day — and timelines to keep your adrenaline pumping.
Our associates know that ICC is a place to make a career. Most have over 10 years of tenure, several more than 20 years with us.
Family comes first and hours are flexible. Just get your work done and achieve the results we ask for.
Senior Industrial Controls Engineer
As a fast growing, fast moving, made-to-order electrical assembly plant, located in Sussex, WI, we are looking for a Senior Industrial Controls Engineer.
The successful candidate will possess the following traits:
• Two or four year engineering degree.
• Five+ years’ experience as a control system designer across multiple industries.
• Self-motivated, detail oriented, autonomous and a team player with a desire to build high quality systems.
• Personable, social, communication and relationship skills to allow interaction with customers to determine their needs and to build a long term win-win relationship.
• Analytical skills to determine operational requirements, design criteria and limits, cost/benefit analysis and component selection for the customer’s application.
• Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and deal with customer’s requests and changes in a professional manner is required. Understanding and communicating the cost impact of these changes is critical.
• Experience in water/wastewater treatment, hazardous location/ATEX controls or machine safety a plus.
• Technical skills to design robust, UL/CSA compliant and safe systems.
Skill set includes, but not limited to:
a. A working knowledge of the NEC, UL, CSA and all applicable regulations along with best practices experience. Also, a thorough knowledge of our in-house engineering and manufacturing guidelines is to be quickly developed.
b. Ability to create and document a functional specification to the customer’s requirements.
c. AutoCAD Electrical skills to create a control panel cutout, layout and wiring diagrams. Strong spacial awareness and panel layout best practice skills are a must.
d. Allen Bradley/Horner/GE/Siemens (and other brands) PLC, interface and data acquisition programming
e. Motion control, PC and database programming ability a plus.
f. Hands on panel building and field startup experience is preferred.
g. Strong testing and troubleshooting skills are important.
We are a financially stable operation with a solid team, a clean environment and a great family-friendly culture. Approximately 10% travel is required with most being local.